Private Surf Lessons
We run private sessions for individuals and small groups, perfect for birthdays and families. Private surf lessons are suitable for all levels and abilities for those wanting 100% of the instructor’s attention to advance quicker.
The bonus of a private surf lessons is that you can choose the time and length of the session, as well as what you specifically want to focus on and improve.
Private surf lessons are the best way to achieve great results in a limited amount of time.
Course Details for private surf lessons
Your instructor is there to help you achieve your surfing goals, whatever they may be. They will start by helping you set them, by considering your existing surfing ability, fitness, agility, and your motivation. They will also carry out a short assessment with you to fully understand your goals and how best to achieve them.
Any footage you have of you surfing could potentially help your instructor when planning the lesson and save valuable time figuring out what it is you need to work on. Moreover, it will allow you to skip over things you are already good at.
Yes, you are guaranteed to see the best possible results in the shortest time frame with our private surf lessons. We will also provide you with actionable feedback at the end of the lesson on what to continue working on for future improvement.
While people progress at different rates, the direct attention of a private surf lesson with one of our experienced instructors will get you up and running quicker than other new surfers.
Our instructors are carefully selected, and all of them have the experience and skills to teach all levels of surf ability. A lot of our students become friends with our instructors and return time and time again to stay with us and continue perfecting their surfing.
What will private surf lessons teach me?
What you learn will depend on your goals and your surfing ability. Your lesson will be designed for you by your instructor.
This could include:
- Agility, fitness, and surfing preparation techniques
- Board positioning and paddling techniques
- A variety of pop-up techniques depending on the ability
- Wave selection does not waste time with close-outs.
- How to surf waves and perform various maneuvers
You’ll also learn:
- How to read a surfing forecast and understand tides, swell, and winds, so you don’t miss the best sessions
- How to select the best surf equipment for certain conditions
- Avoid dangerous situations on the water like strong rip tides
- How to select the right surfing locations for your skill level
- Surfing etiquette and line-up rules
- Weather influence and the different types of waves and how to spot them
- Information on hydrodynamics and surfboard design.
- Surfing history and ocean habitat education.
What else do the private surf lessons include?
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and return from our Famara surf school to the best surf spot that day.*
- Your equipment – a suitable board for your ability, rash vest and wetsuit.
- Expert practical and safety instructions both on the beach and
- in the water.
- Warm-up exercises and stretches.
- Small snack on the beach in-between surfs.
- Medical insurance.
- A Surfing Certificate
- Our surf school t-shirt (5-day courses and up only).
* Please call us directly, to confirm the specfic time and place. We offer a free hotel pick-up service for full-day lessons only.